There will be a vote on the largest bill, AHCA, that will impact millions of Americans, tomorrow 03/24/17, 10 am Eastern Streams Live. Tonight, trump demanded the conservative Republican members of the United States House of Representatives known as the, “Freedom Caucus” an AHCA vote by tomorrow. Tonight is D-Day regarding the repeal and
replacement of ACA, or AHCA plus the Essential Health Benefits (EHB)repeal. In addition, to the diabolical cuts including:
- The Meadows Act eliminates the “Single Risk Pool” (Insurers determine your Premiums, UNCAPPED)
- The Meadows Act eliminates “Rating Restrictions” (Insurers determine your Premiums, UNCAPPED)House in Session ACHA LIVE
- The Meadows Act REVERSES the ban on Lifetime AND ANNUAL LIMITS (Many will be forced to go bankrupt. Those with chronic illnesses, or premature infants will hit lifetime and annual limits very quickly)–
- The Meadows Act eliminates the no out of pocket cost for preventative services, such as mammograms.
- The Meadows Act REVERSES the standardized documentation mandates (unable to compare plans, coverage and prices)
- The Meadows Act REVERSES the Medical Loss Ratios standards, another win-win for insurance companies
The business person that trump is, I am pretty sure that he is using the pressure tactic. The GOP have hated ACA since its inception. trump, is giving the Freedom Caucus an ultimatum–vote, or the bill stays as is, ACA. The GOP in their mighty heads of pride have only one answer–CUT IT–APPEAL every single section of the ACA. trump has also threatened members of congress,with their seats (and most fell for it). There are a few Republicans that are a maybe or a NO, we have to convince them by the a.m. to vote no. They are listed at the end of the blog.
The truth is, the ACA has saved millions of lives, and the GOP cannot offer any suitable replacement. Complete details are not released at this moment. What is available is that a summary of the topics debated at tonight’s Caucus Meeting. A formal copy will be updated tomorrow. I fell apart after reading (no TV), and researching the ACA , realizing that the GOP are offering a certain death sentence to MILLIONS.
I blogged earlier about the Essential Health Benefits (EHB) protections being threatened. Yes, that has become a part of what they are calling an amended bill, referring to it simply as EHB. The Full Text LINK of Current ACA Law can be found here for comparison.
Following is the text of the “Meadows Amendment” Mark Meadows information follows…(remember NOT to vote for him if you live in North Carolina). Summary as to how Meadows effects a vote for the AHCA tomorrow follows.
- EHB Repeal for AHCA includes: FULL REPEAL of Essential Health Benefits (shown below)
- Essential Health Benefits INCLUDE:
Representative Mark Meadows
North Carolina (R)
After the Caucus Meeting tonight there is speculation that the clause for preexisting conditions be reversed. If you have a condition that would meet preexisting status, pay attention to repealing: ‘SEC. 2704 ø42 U.S.C. 300gg–3¿. PROHIBITION OF PREEXISTING CONDITION EXCLUSIONS OR OTHER DISCRIMINATION BASED ON HEALTH STATUS
What Congressional Persons will vote NO? IF you live in one of their states, call, email, tweet, contact them and enforce a NO for the AHCA. Some of these guys appear to be terrified by Paul Ryan, little do they know, that Paul Ryan is despised. Call, email, DO it NOW!
Scott DesJarlais TN (R)
Paul Gosar ARIZONA (R) http://gosar.house.gov/
Rep. Erik Paulsen MN (R)
- BIG MAYBE:
Louie Gohmert TX (R) ; 1121 ESE Loop 323, Ste 206Tyler, TX, 75701T (903) 561-6349F (903) 561-7110 EMAIL: http://gohmert.house.gov/contact/
- (202) 225-3765
- (202) 225-7768
|Possibly NO: Andy Biggs (AZ) R: 1626 Longworth House Office Building
(202) 225-2635 twitter @RepAndyBiggsAZ
NO VOTES (PLEASE THANK THEM)
Leonard Lance (NJ) R 2352 Rayburn House Office Building
Chris Smith (NJ) R
2373 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
**NOTE I am not aware of all of the key persons, that may sway the vote. Please add any that you are aware of.
ATTENTION: 8 Governors Praised the AHCA and trump. knowing what the GOP was planning. Sadly, one of these Governors, is from my state, just elected in 2016.
- Indiana: Holcomb
- Maine: LaPage:
- Mississippi: Bryant
- Missouri: Greitens:
- Utah: Herbert:
- Idaho: Otter:
- Kansas: Brownback