This was, and is again, my families favorite recipe. Since I am unable to grill now, I haven’t made Chicken Pitas for 10+ years. I decided to try this recipe, and am so glad that I did! I used the Oster 7-Minute Grill with DuraCeramic Coating and Digital Timer, Red/White, CKSTCG22R-ECO that I recently purchased. In the past, I tried recreating the recipe in the oven. It was not as delicious as grilled. Although, baking is always an option, just to keep that in mind.
The pros of Chicken Pitas: NO Dishes (except the grill plates)! Minimal hands on-thanks to the grill. Healthy and delicious. Just a few ingredients and customizable. I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do. Follow me for future updates and news by subscribing.
The 7-Minute Grill that I Purchased:<<<
The 7 Minute Grill With Removable Plates:
Recipe: Easy Grilled Chicken Pita Pockets
Cooking does not have to be a Pain In the A** with this simple and delicious PITA recipe. In fact, these Grilled Chicken Pita Pockets are minimal prep, cooking time (Oster 7-Minute Grill with DuraCeramic Coating and Digital Timer, Red/White, CKSTCG22R-ECO), and little to no dishes afterward. A meal your family will ask you to make again, and again. Whats better? It’s healthy, aside from the cheese and ranch, which makes everything taste better. A real win-win for Chronically Cooking, Fast, Cheap, Healthy and Easy! Enjoy, right on time for the weekend!
- 1 Bag Pita Bread or Salad Pockets
- 1-2 Pounds Chicken Breast, strips, or tenderloin (Can use uncooked prepackaged or from the butcher)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (Sharp or mild cheddar, or Colby )
- 1 Cup Liquid Italian Dressing (Marinate the uncooked chicken in Italian Dressing. Can use Creamy or an Oil Based (I used Creamy))
- 4-6 Teaspoons Ranch Dressing (Serve on the side of completed pitas)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Greek Seasoning (optional) (Pitas are Greek, if you like Greek Seasoning, Season the uncooked chicken prior to grilling)
- 1 Cup Green Leafy Vegetables (Tear into pieces. Can use Spinach, Romaine, Mixed or Plain lettuce)
- 1-2 Whole Tomatoes (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 Onion (Use about half of a whole onion, to taste. Thinly Sliced)
- Place the raw chicken and the Italian Dressing in a zip-lock bag, zip shut, shake to cover, and place back in the refrigerator. Marinate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to grill the chicken, season with the Greek Seasoning (if using). Put the bag of marinated chicken in the sink or bowl, to avoid any spills. Leaving the chicken IN the marinade until ready to cook.
- Turn on the grill. The 7-Minute Grill can be purchased here: Oster 7-Minute Grill with DuraCeramic Coating and Digital Timer, Red/White, CKSTCG22R-ECO
$16.00 right now!
- While the grill is heating, gather the veggies: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions.
- Take the chicken, piece by piece and place on the grill (avoids a mess). Leave the chicken in the bag while working. Grill the chicken. If using the 7-Minute Grill, set the timer. Throw the bag of leftover Italian Dressing in the trash after the chicken is grilled. Work in batches if you have extra chicken to grill.
- Slice the Veggies, while the chicken cooks.
- Ding! Remove the chicken.
- Load up the pitas, add chicken.
- Add the greens to the pita.
- Add the tomatoes and onions to the pita.
- Top with shredded cheese, serve with a side of ranch, and Eat!